Tuesday, April 16, 2013

$2 Tuesday–April 16, 2013

 

Here I thought I was doing so good remembering Tuesdays.  Well that seems to have ended.  The last thing I remember thinking when I fell asleep this morning (3-4am) was “Wait.  Isn’t it Tuesday”, and off to sleep I went.  My heart also goes out to everyone affected by the explosions in Boston.  There is not much I can do about it, but sometimes I really dislike how depending we are on getting news immediately.  So much is going on that you hear a lot of ‘unfiltered’ and emotional based information that the news repeats often enough to make us believe it is real.  I mean how much information can they really come up with an hour after it happened.  But because we want instant news, they start repeating videos over and over and over again.  It is like they are sensationalizing it.  Now I am by no means saying that this wasn’t a devastating act, nor am I saying that they should not report anything.  I guess I just wish that they would take a minute to sort through all of the information coming in, and not replay the same clip of the explosion sound 100 times an hour.  (I am certain in was more than that.) We need to respect those who were involved, the runners, the spectators, the first response team, everyone involved with trying to figure out what happened, and of course the families of all those people.  A quote has been going around my facebook page, and I am going to write it here.  It was said by Mr. Fred Rogers,

When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me,

“Look for the helpers.  You will always find people who are helping.” 

To this day, especially in times of “disaster,” I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.

I love this quote.  It puts into perspective what is important.

Okay enough of me talking.  Here are some of the $2 deals that you can find at Stuff to Scrap today (and a freebie for you):

Leaving a Legacy Designs has put Framed on sale today.  (As a reminder she has a 30% off sale going on right now, so there are many things that you can pick up for less that $2 – including the Framed Quickpages)  I used this kit to complete the template challenge at STS. 

FramedLeaving a Legacy Designs - Framed - Piggy Bank

MDK Scraps has put three items on sale today.  Hop Along, the Hop Along Quickpage pack, and her Birthday Girl Bundle:

Hop AlongHop Along - Quickpages

Birthday Girl - Bundle

Mommy Me Time Scrapper has put Summer Sunshine, and the Summer Sunshine Quickpages on sale for $2 today.  I also created this frame for you.  Just click on the preview below:

Summer SunshineSummer Sunshine Quickpages

Mommy Me Time Scrapper - Summer Sunshine - Frame Freebie Preview

That is all that I have to show you today.  Until next time,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment